Firearms Licensing Unit
**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ONLINE APPLICATIONS:**
We regret to inform you that our online application portal is temporarily unavailable. Please utilize the traditional application method during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding. Rest assured, we are actively working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.
Secure your firearms in a safe place and make sure they are locked with an approved locking system.
Save time and use our convenient online application process for LTC and FID Applications! The procedure is as follows:
- Visit The Online LTC/FID Application Portal to complete the Firearms/FID card application online.
- The Firearms Licensing Office will review your application and keep you updated throughout the process.
- You will be notified of any further steps and appointment scheduling.
Applicants must have the following:
- Fees: FID Firearms - $100, License to Carry Firearms Class A - $100 Debit/Credit cards, Check or money order made out to the “City of Methuen”
- Massachusetts State Police Basic Firearms Safety Course Certificate (First-time applicant only)
- Proof of Address (driver's license, car registration, mortgage statements, and electric bills)
- If you are 14 to 17 years old a certificate of parent or guardian granting permission to apply for a FID card or FID card – Restricted is needed.
Please note: Photos are not needed.
If you prefer, you can still follow the traditional process outlined below:
- Complete a Firearms/FID card application.
- Mail completed Application to Methuen Police Department Firearms Licensing Office, 90 Hampshire Street, Methuen, Massachusetts 01844.
- The Firearms Licensing Office will contact applicants and schedule an appointment time.