The Methuen Police Department, staffed by 98 professional sworn personnel as well as 16 dedicated civilian employees, handles approximately 33,000 calls for service a year in a City of approximately 23.1 square miles and 49,660 Citizens.
Through a partnership with our Citizens, Businesses, City Government, and neighboring Local, State, and Federal agencies, the Methuen Police Department strives to protect life, enforce and uphold the law, preserve order, and protect property all while improving the quality of life in our community.
In a society where technology and media are so prominent in all aspects of our lives, we are opening the doors of communication with our Citizens by creating a presence in social media. Methuen Police Department excels in our social media efforts to notify, educate, engage, and respond to our Citizens in all regards.
We are excited to announce that fingerprinting services are now available for Methuen residents! To make this process as convenient as possible, we have designated specific time slots for these services. Please be informed that fingerprinting will be conducted on Tuesdays from 5-10pm and Thursdays from 9am-4pm.
- Anonymous Tip Line: 978-983-8794
- Illegally Registered Out of State Vehicles: 978-983-8785
- Winter Parking Ban Information Line: 978-983-8643
- Alzheimers Alert Form (PDF)
- Change of Address Notification for LTC and FID Card (PDF)
- Do Not Knock Registry Application (PDF)
- Door to Door Sales Application Packet (PDF)
- License to Carry and FID Card Application Form (PDF)
- Methuen Police Department Disability Alert Form (PDF)
- Motor Vehicle Accident Report Form (PDF)
- Property Check Form (PDF)
- Records Department Request Forms (PDF)